The HOST© system does not leave carpets wet with waste-water that can leave a breeding environment for molds, mildew, fungus, bacteria, and odors. Host removes dander, mold spores, mite allergens while cleaning.
DID You Know? Products or equipment that advertise they remove dust mites and mold from the environment are under the jurisdiction of the EPA and must be made in an EPA registered facility. HOST© machines are manufactured in an EPA registered facility, EPA Establishment Number 074202-WI-001
HOST© does not contribute to mold in carpet. Here's why: "Biological organisms like mold, fungi, mildew, and dust mites, require two things to grow. One is an organic food source and the second is moisture. Water content in the food source is essential, and it has to be present in considerable amounts. The few HOST© SPONGES that remain in a carpet after HOST© cleaning are too dry to support biological growth. Mold spores cannot use HOST© Sponges for food because the dry HOST© SPONGES have so little moisture. They are as dry as crackers, which have less than 5% moisture content. Bread will mold because it has a high moisture content. Crackers do not grow mold, because they are too dry.
All organic material, and this includes most building materials, such as wallboard, ceiling tiles, furnishing and wall coverings, can be a potential food source for mold spores or other biological organisms. However, no mold will grow on any of these materials unless they have become wet. Mold spores require a food to have 85% moisture. In fact, the great majority of mold outbreaks inside buildings occur where porous, cellulose-type materials have been kept wet by liquid water, or sustained condensation. Bacteria require a food material to have over 90% moisture. Most bacteria growth is found in standing water, such as that found in humidifiers, air-conditioners, or water storage tanks. Even if humidity in a building is over 85%, dry Host Sponges will remain dry. This is because the sponges are porous, have many open cavities, and humidity is quickly evaporated from these surfaces.
What about dust mites? These tiny critters cannot use dry Host sponges for food. That is because dust mites can eat only animal dander, which is protein, and Host sponges are not a protein." Judy Bates, Chief Chemists; Lecturer in Chemistry, Department of Natural Sciences, Milwaukee Technical College